7/15/09
"What to do with all that Zucchini!!"
Every year there is always the question, what are we going to do with all that zucchini? Last year we tried to grate it and freeze it, but I don't like how it comes out after it is frozen. So, this year I went back to a recipe I tried many years ago and we liked--Zucchini Pickles! I was able to get 12 quarts and 1 pint out of the first pick of zucchini this year. I don't plan to do ALL the zucchini this way, but we really like these pickles and it will be great to have these. What do you do with your abundance of zucchini? PS Adam insisted that I mention that he helped do these--so I guess I can't take all the credit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
So happy for you that you like these, they look good, but, oh, no squash of any kind for me.....ugh!
So, I have no suggestions for you!
But, wanted to say I'm proud of you (and Adam!) for doing this! great work!
How is the rest of the garden coming along? I have tomatoes on my 2 plants! yummy :) But, those awful boxelder bugs I have too many of ate the skin right off the cucumber!!! gross :(
love ya, mom/grandma xo xo
Umm...only thing I do with zucchini is make zucchini bread =) But you could freeze the bread! I've tried freezing the shredded zucchini and it was gross!!
Some of my favorite uses for zucchini: Back yard bowling pins, Christmas stocking stuffers for bad kids, projectiles for throwing at stray dogs, or put them in the toilet tank as a water conservation solution. Since zucchini is the only vegetable I seem to be able to grow, maybe we'll try your pickle recipe!
Great blog, btw!
I want the recipe!!! I have tons of zucchini.
Post a Comment