The kids were so excited for a warm Friday afternoon! No homework and a warm day always equals time outside! So, out they stayed..didn't even come in after we got home from school! After about 10 minutes, Kevin came running in to tell me Gordon got hurt on his bike. Well, I'm expecting yet another scraped knee. Instead, I found our paramedic neighbor holding my son who has a seriously deep injury on knee. Worst I had ever seen, that is for sure. He was able to wrap it up for me and get him in the van. This very moment is the time I was supposed to pick Adam up from track practice. So, I got him on the way to ER and he carried Gordon in to the hospital for me. After many doctors taking a look, x-rays, and and IV, they determined he would need to be put out for surgery to make sure all was good. The x-rays showed nothing broken, which was great news, but they needed to clean it out really good and make sure the joint was not affected. So, 4 hours after we arrived at ER they wheeled him back to the OR.
Luckily, they found everything to be good, no torn ligaments or injury to the joint. So, he was repaired and put on antibiotics. He spent the night in the hospital to continue his antibiotics and came home the next day with yet another round as well! Before they let him leave, he had to learn how to get around with help of crutches:
He did really good, and is trying hard to get better:
Thanks for everyone's prayers and concern, cookies and cards. It means a lot to him to feel better!
No comments:
Post a Comment