Okay, you have to understand...we have been really working with this little one to help her fear of walking. It's not just been a lack of desire, it's actually been a great fear! She has been going to physical therapy to help with that and we've been doing our 'homework' to help her all we can. Well, just last Sunday, she started to walk around with Dad holding his hands. Now, when I say that you think that is normal....not for her! She hasn't wanted to even do that. So, for her to be actually moving her feet and wanting to walk around is a HUGE improvement. So, we've been encouraging her to walk wherever she goes by holding someone's hand. Well, yesterday, OUT OF THE BLUE, she decided to stand up in the middle of the floor and insisted that her oldest sister watch it every time! It was so funny. She wouldn't let anyone else do it with her. Well, then after she stood up a few times on her own she actually took a couple of steps toward her big sister (which explains the look on Heather's face)!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. She hasn't wanted to do it at all today, but I think she's getting the idea!!! It's very exciting to watch her finally feel confident enough to try!
8 comments:
Hi Wayne and Leisa!
What a fun day to read your blog! Our congrats to Katie! What a wonderful family you have! We don't keep in touch as often an we should and we look forward at Christmas to hearing about your family. Blogging is a much more efficient way to keep in touch. I will see if Mike has your email and send you a link to our home blog. Hope you have a great Christmas!
Take Care,
Mike & Kristy Robertson
Yea Katie!!!! How exciting! She is just so cute to watch I can't wait to see her on Sundays Oh but wait she will be in Nursery. Leisa, I didn't even notice on Sunday you were sitting up front and everything. Yea, for you! How did she do? Again a big Yea Katie from the Richters!
congrats to the sweet little darling.
YAY KATIE!!!!
that is so exciting!!!!
So cool! From the back, you can't tell her apart from our Katie. What a sweetheart!
Congratulations to Katie! We are excited for her.
That is a real BIG step for her!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures so grandma can see!!
I love you Katie, wish I could give you a big hug and kiss xo xo
love, grandma xo xo
Merry Christmas to all of my former neighbors!
I'm on the way to Boston for the holidays.
Charlie Lawler
Post a Comment