4/6/08

General Conference

 
 
 
 
I love General Conference weekend! It is such a nice time to have the family together and listen to our prophet and apostles and our other leaders give us guidance and direction. Living outside of Utah, we appreciate how we can listen and watch on our computer over the internet! We pipe the sound through the house and our older kids take notes and usually have a 'conference project' that they work on only during conferences! It is usually a stitching project! So, thanks to Grandma for the girl's new projects! Then, tomorrow night for Family Home Evening we will give 'reports' on conference by sharing our notes and what we learned from the talks! Enjoy this weekend!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela said...

I love that crafty idea! I will be sure to use that during our next General Conf. I've tried the packet thing, but my kids don't get into those, (or much into conf. thinking it is an infrigement on their time). Maybe one day, I can teach them the value of listening to more than just a few talks. We'll start with the craft idea though :)

Anonymous said...

We love conference too...My memories growing up are full of craft projects, crocheting and knitting....while my parents snored away on the couch...Haha..

Now our kids find themselves nudging us (at times)...Great Memories!