It has been a week of doctors and sick kids and such....which is not my favorite kind of week. I had Nathan in last week and they said he had a virus--just to turn around and go in again yesterday because the virus opened up the way for an ear infection. Then, today I had to take him in for another appointment--I'll give a little background--when Nathan was 6 months old (2005), he had surgery for Metopic Craniosynostosis or Trigonocephaly. So, every year now he has to go in for a check up--which has become somewhat of a nuisance. I took him in for his 'head check' today. It was in Cleveland--a 2 hour 8 minute ride (adding potty stops it was a little longer than that!). We left at 6:45 this morning. We got there, found parking, found the right office on the 6th floor (mind you, this is all with a 3 YEAR OLD BOY who I had to wake up this morning for this trip!!!!!)--they took all our information, the dr. came in and said he looked good and he would see us next year...........Ya know..........couldn't I just call them and tell them that he was fine and I didn't see any problems? That's all they asked me--if I see anything wrong and if I see any problems with his learning or anything. I know it is important that we keep an eye on it, but I feel like I could just call and give them my opinion if that is what they are after. I'd even email them a picture of him if they want to see him!!!!! Sorry, I'm just a little frazzled from that drive into a big city by myself with 2 boys (Gordon came, too)........
DONE VENTING......till Monday, when we go to yet ANOTHER doctor appointment (different kid, though!)
2 comments:
Wow, I don't know that I have ever heard of Trigonocephaly. Interesting. That is a pain to have to travel so far with little ones, especially when you KNOW all is well. I'm glad Nathan is healthy. :)
You all look so happy - what a cute family!
Post a Comment