9/2/09

Are you ready for some football...........

Okay, you have to understand that football is life around here at this time! Wayne loves football, Tyler loves football, but to say Adam LOVES football is an understatement! I think he was born with a football in his hands! It's all he talks about, all he thinks about, all he writes papers about (his poor teachers!), all he dreams about. Even through the bruises and sprains he gets back up and plays even harder. He's a football fanatic! So, last week was his scrimmage and this week is his first game of the season. He is so excited! He plays a new position this year which has been a good challenge for him. Here he is running the ball and I highlighted him so he'd stand out!


From the day I met my husband I have not really been a football fan. He will testify of that! But, since Adam started playing back in 3rd grade I have become much more interested in the game! I don't know all the rules, but I at least can find my son on the field and I'm trying to learn what his 'job' is out there! I think the thing that I like most about the game, though, is that it is a team sport. It is a team effort. It is a team that makes it happen. Not one player could play this game alone and not one coach could play without the team. It requires everyone's effort and everyone's all. I really like that. Not one player can claim the victory. Not one player can claim to be better than the rest. They all have a part out on the field and know what it is. When that is fulfilled, the TEAM wins! It's awesome!!!

And, on top of Adam playing and BYU playing, Heather & Tyler get to participate in the marching band at Friday night HS games!!!!


SO ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL........?


And, just for Adam's benefit, and in case you didn't know we are also huge BYU fans, I will let you all know that BYU plays Oklahoma on Saturday!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, they have gown up so fast!!!! i am a huge football fan (i don't follow college much, but i do follow boise state) but i am a HUGE NE Patriots fan!

Once There Was A Snowman said...

April and I will have to send you a BYU care package out there. Are you also Buckeye or Wolverine fans? After last week's squeeker against Oklahoma, at least now they've heard of BYU in Ohio, right?

garhales said...

Adam, you look really good in RED! :-)