10/2/08

Bye-Bye Brace....


We had a follow-up appt for Heather's knee yesterday and came away with good news (I thought Heather was going to jump off the table and give the dr. a big hug!). She gets to start unlocking her brace now so she won't have to be straight anymore and then at the next follow-up visit in 3 weeks they will fit her for a new smaller brace!!!! She is so excited to move on and feel more free! She will still have a lot of therapy yet, but things are going well. The dr. said we could have a burning party to get rid of the brace! It truly makes you grateful for being able to walk and do all that you are able to do. She has to think about every step because she has had to limp for so long to walk with a straight leg!

4 comments:

Kallie said...

Wow -- I haven't checked blogs for quite a while so I had to look back quite a ways to see why the heck heather was wearing that huge thing -- but i found it and WAY TO GO heather -- that's got to be so tough to get through all that -- but hopefully your knee will be way better after it's all said and done. can't believe how big katie is -- wow time flies. miss ya.
kallie

Sister Pottymouth said...

Wow! I can't believe I found you guys. What fun to look at all your pictures. I'm glad to see that Leisa and I still share a love for the short hairdo.

Sister Pottymouth said...

Though you'd never guess it based on that profile picture of mine...

Tiffany said...

Hi lisa, what a great blog, its good to find you after all these years. Tiffany Thelin Lowe