10/8/08

Camp

Okay, this may win the worst mom award, but I have to share this. Becky is at 5th grade camp this week and they have a blog where they share daily pictures and notes about camp. They also let the kids write a short note home. Here are Becky's notes from the last couple days!

HI MOM!
I AM HAVING A LOT OF FUN HERE AT CAMP. WE HAVE HAD BIRDS AND NATURE WRITING SO FAR. THE FOOD IS GREAT, BUT IT ISN'T LIKE YOURS. MISS YOU TONS,
BECKY H.

Hi mom!
How are you doing? We have taking lots of classes, but I have one problem. I only have 9 pictures left. Oh well. I am having a lot of fun and haven't gotten even a minor cut or scrape.
Goodnight,
Becky

See, wouldn't you share if these notes were sent to you? Notice that they are addressed to just Mom! Notice that she is a picture taker--just like her parents! She even complimented my cooking (which hardly ever happens around here with the way Wayne & Tyler cook!) Next we'll be scrapbooking it all! Love that girl! Love 5th grade age!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know why that would win you worst mom award. Unless you forgot that she was gone at camp! you have great kids, it's awesome that they feel comfortable showing there love for you. That is always refreshing to me to see a family that really cares for one another. I know it might not be that way every moment of the day but you can see it when you are together. Also, like the wordle! Those are so much fun.